The nomination period for the Hall of Excellence Class of 2024 is now closed. Inductees will be announced in early 2024. Nomination submissions will re-open for the Class of 2025 in the fall of 2024.
The Hall of Excellence honors alumni and members of the St. Joseph’s Prep community who have distinguished themselves in the areas of “A.M.D.G.” for:
- Athletics: Individual alumni, coaches, or teams who have excelled during or after their time at St. Joseph’s Prep.
- Mission: Alumni who have lived a life of service and have demonstrated their personal commitment to being a man for and with others.
- Distinction: Alumni who have excelled in their field of endeavor.
- Generational Impact: Alumni, faculty, or staff who have left a lasting impact on the life of St. Joseph’s Prep.
To see the 2023 inaugural class of inductees, click here.
Nominations will be solicited from the Prep alumni community and will be reviewed by committees composed of alumni, faculty, and administration. The committees will present recommendations to the president of the Prep. Inductees will be honored at an annual dinner to be held each spring at the Prep.
Qualifications for Nominees:
- Prep alumni nominees must be more than 10 years post graduation (Class of 2013 and older)
- Nominations of individuals or specific teams will be considered
- Current and former teachers, staff, administrators, or coaches are eligible
- Any Prep alumnus can submit nominees for the Hall of Excellence.
- Alumni will be asked to articulate the nominee’s accomplishments and impact at the Prep or within his/her field.
- Nominations must be submitted by Friday, November 17.
- Following the submission period, the committee for each area of recognition (athletics, mission, distinction, and generational impact) will convene to review the nominees.
- Following their review, the committees will present their recommendations to the president for final approval.
- Those nominees not selected in any given year will remain on a list of nominees for continued consideration in future years.
- December 2023-January 2024: Nominating Committees meet to review nominations and select top candidates
- February 2024: Honorees are announced
- April 25, 2024: Induction Ceremony