Nominations for St. Joseph’s Prep Hall of Excellence Inaugural Class
We are now accepting nominations for the St. Joseph’s Prep Hall of Excellence, which will recognize individuals who represent the ideals of the Prep through their pursuit of becoming men and women for others. The Hall of Excellence will honor alumni and members of the St. Joseph’s Prep community who have distinguished themselves in the areas of “A.M.D.G.” for AMDG:
- Athletics: Individual alumni, coaches, or teams who have excelled during or after their time at St. Joseph’s Prep.
- Mission: Alumni who have lived a life of service and have demonstrated their personal commitment to being a man for and with others.
- Distinction: Alumni who have excelled in their field of endeavor.
- Generational Impact: Alumni, faculty, or staff who have left a lasting impact on the life of St. Joseph’s Prep.
Nominations will be solicited from the Prep alumni community. All nominations will be reviewed by committees composed of alumni, faculty, and administration. From those nominations, the committees will present recommendations for induction to the President of the Prep. Inductees will be honored at an annual dinner to be held each spring at the Prep.
Qualifications for Nominees:
- Prep alumni nominees more than 10 years post-graduation (Class of 2012 and older)
- Nominations of individuals or specific teams will be considered
- Current and former teachers, staff, administrators, or coaches are eligible
- Any Prep alumnus can submit nominees for the Hall of Excellence. Please note that each nomination must be made on a separate form.
- Alumni will be asked to articulate the nominee’s accomplishments and impact at the Prep or within his/her field.
- Nominations must be submitted by Friday, November 18.
- Following the submission period, the committee for each area of recognition (athletics, mission, distinction, and generational impact) will convene to review and research the nominees.
- Following their review, the committees will present their recommendations to the President for final approval.
- Those not selected in any given year will remain on a list of nominees for continued consideration.
- November 2022-January 2023: Nominating Committees meet to review nominations and select top candidates
- February 2023: Honorees are announced
- April 2023: Inaugural Dinner is held at the Prep; first class is inducted